Assuming, we reside out of US and our child is a US citizen by birth. We wish to send our child to US boarding school at age of 16 for 11th and 12th grade. Then we wish our child pursues undergraduate and graduate studies in the US
Boarding school provides all requirements for minors such as food / laundry etc. However our child graduates from boarding school a few months before turning 18.
Here is our issue
- We don't know any one in the US who can act as guardian or even a temporary guardian.
- Our child cannot travel to India since India country does not grant visa to children if parents do not attend visa interview. Thus child has to wait till child turns 18 years old.
What can we do for a few months (3 months) when child has graduated out of boarding school but not yet turned 18 ?
- Are there any professional temporary guardianship services that we can pay for temporary care ?
- Can we pay the boarding school to remain in the form for 3 months past graduation ?
- Is foster care the only option ? How would it work ?