I have been working for past few years in France. I have paid social security and taxes during that time. I did not have a problem when I was hired or paid taxes. When I applied for ARE, pôle emploi refused my request stating that I can not work in France. What should I do? I am afraid to apply for changing the status in my titre de séjour as I don't have job anymore. Can I claim my benefits some how?

  • Hello. Why does Pôle Emploi states that you cannot work in France ? What is your current status or titre de séjour ? Has your status changed since you lost (or quit ?) your job ? These informations might help to better understand your situation.
    – audionuma
    Nov 27 '20 at 14:38
  • What kind of titre de séjour do you currently have? How did you leave your earlier job? That should be what decides whether you get ARE or not.
    – Relaxed
    Nov 28 '20 at 14:31
  • Hello. I have a talent passport titre de séjour mentioning projet économique innovant. I left my previous job after signing rupture conventionnelle. The status of the titre de sejour is not changed yet.
    – Yasmeen
    Nov 29 '20 at 6:54

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.