I am a PhD student in a research institute in Berlin, on a 3 year TvöD contract. My work is entirely on the computer, so I'm currently working from home due to covid19. I am thinking about whether I could live in my home country (EU country) while getting paid from the German public sector. Do you have similar experience or tips on how to search information about it? Google doesn't really help.

  • 1
    This is something you should ask your employer about, since they are the ones that pay your salary and thus must figure out what portions of taxes, social security must be paid in Germany and to your home country depending on the double taxation treaty that country has with Germany. For your own research, start looking the details of that treaty since you have not named that country. – Mark Johnson Dec 27 '20 at 11:04

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.