I am working in France for two years. Afterwards I will probably move to another country (most likely to another EU country or Switzerland, perhaps also US). Will a PEA (https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F2385) offer me a tax advantage in this case. I know that the PEA should be held for at least 5 years in order to avoid paying the higher tax. I would be leaving France within that time. I found out that it is possible since 2012 to leave the PEA open when moving abroad. So do I gain a tax advantage by investing through a PEA and leaving it open while living abroad. What taxes will be levied when it is finally closed? I imagine the new country of residence might not respect that this should be tax free income (after french social charges ~%17).

(Nationality: Dutch)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.