I'm an EU citizen (Italy) living in a foreign country (Hungary), I have a residence permit for the aforementioned country.
When I received the residence permit they gave me the following documents/cards:
- Lakcímet Igazoló Hatósági Igazolvány (red-green card)
- Regisztrációs Igazolás EGT-állampolgár Részére (yellow card)
I also own an hungarian driving license, and the Hatósági Igazolvány (white card).
Of course, I also own the identity card of my home country, and a passport too.
Given I would like to carry with me (while I walk and drive on the hungarian soil) the least amount of documents/cards, what are the ones I definitely need to carry with me?
Below I'm reporting some of my findings, they may or may not be correct so please correct me if I'm wrong:
- With my limited knowledge of the hungarian language I figured out I don't necessarily need to carry with me the white card, I just need to remember/provide its 9-digits number when required (at family doctor, hospitals, etc);
- I also realize I'll need to carry with me the driving license anytime I want to drive the car, along with the circulation documents of the car (that I can't never leave in the car);
- It looks like anytime I need to present the red-green card I'll also need to show the yellow card, because somehow they complete each other;