I am a British citizen in South Korea on a work holiday (H1) visa. I had an interview at a software company for a full time role and they want to hire me. However I can't work full time on an H1 visa so I need to change. The obvious choice is the E7 (particular occupation) visa, however, according to immigration, I cannot switch in the country, I have to leave in order to apply from a different country. The Korean embassy in The UK is currently not accepting visa applications. I have spent the last 24 hours phoning embassies in neighbouring countries and either they only accept visa applications from residents of that country, or I cannot visit there in the first place because of covid restrictions. Does anyone have any advice for me? The company said they didn't want to wait too long, so it is urgent. Thank you.

  • 2
    if it is urgent, you should immediately hire an aggressive visa specialist / immigration lawyer, there in korea. good luck!
    – Fattie
    Jan 28 at 17:34

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy