I have a blue card in Germany and I am holding it for 18 months. I am changing my employer. Do I still need to have permission from the authority? My new job is in a different city. If I have to inform the authority then Is it better to move on to the new city and ask the authority? Or it will take more time there?

  • 1
    You can do it after 24 months. Then you dont need to inform authorities. Before 24 months, you have to inform you Ausländerbehörde. – Tanvir Ahmad Feb 16 at 12:14
  • 1
    I have to change my city very fast. I know I have to do it where I am registered. I have applied where I am living now but it is taking way too much time due to COVID situation. Do you think if I change my city only with my contract and other documents it can be changed or they can only do once they have complete file from my Ausländerbehörde – iamwhoiam Feb 16 at 12:20

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.