I'm a software engineer with US citizenship and will be relocating to Ireland under a skilled workers Visa. I will be bringing my family with me. Currently in addition to day job I'm involved in a small startup which compensates me in cash and equity.
I would like to maintain my position in my startup and continue to be compensated.
Is it legal for me to do so? If not what could I do to maintain both jobs?
Some of the options I've been trying to look into, but have not found any concrete info are:
- Just work for both companies and pay my taxes.
- File a US LLC and operate my startup though that.
- Create an Irish company and operate through that.
- Making my spouse the head of a small company of which encapsulates my startup work.
- Create an Irish company, hire myself as a contractor and pay for a second visa/permit.
Note: I'm not looking to avoid taxes/etc. I'm more interested in everything being square with Irish/EU/US policy as I am planning on this relocation being permanent.