My flights got cancelled due to Covid-19 and I am thinking to defer classes to September intake. I want to fly as soon as flights open before it gets banned again.

  • 3
    Can you clarify but editing in your nationality and what you mean by work, do you mean employment with a Canadian employer? This may be more suitable for our Expatriates site.
    – mdewey
    Apr 23, 2021 at 10:36

1 Answer 1


If you are not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and do not otherwise have a valid work permit, it is not possible for you to work.

As a full-time student you may be eligible to work on- or off-campus under conditions. But in any case, you may not work in Canada until you start your studies (i.e. after the semester starts).

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy