Background: I am working in UK on ICT Tier 2 Visa which is ending on 31st August. But, I am planning to join university on 14th or 21st September. I can apply for Student visa 3 months prior to start of course. and Home office takes 8 weeks to make a decision.
Scenario: Suppose I consider 14th September as course start date and apply for student visa on 14th July within UK. Though it takes 8 weeks for decision, if I get it in 2 weeks then:
Will my current Tier 2 visa stand cancelled?
Will I not be able to continue to work for the same employer till 31st August?
Should I inform employer before applying for student visa?
Can I inform once decision is made on student visa?