I am holding a valid EU Bluecard since 2 years and working for a France based company. Now I am exploring options towards taking up freelance jobs by quitting my current full time job. I have searched many groups and France Tax website but no where mentioned about Bluecard holders+Freelance jobs

  1. Could some one please confirm can I take up the freelance jobs in EU?
  2. If so, what are the tax implications?
  • What gave you the impression this was possible?
    – Relaxed
    May 30 at 8:14
  • Because I see that the EU Bluecard has many benefits and thought this is also might be possible. So, as per your comment I take the answer as "impossible" to do. Thanks @Relaxed!
    – hanuman411
    May 30 at 9:44

No. An EU Blue Card gives highly-qualified workers from outside the EU the right to live and work in an EU country, provided they have higher professional qualifications, such as a university degree, and an employment contract or a binding job offer with a high salary compared to the average in the EU country where the job is. You must work as a paid employee - the EU Blue Card does not apply to self-employed work or entrepreneurs.

Source: https://ec.europa.eu/immigration/blue-card/essential-information_en

  • Thank you for your response and clarification. Indeed it seems i can't take up the freelance jobs with the EU bluecard. Need to register a company and that has many clauses depending on the type of company and work.
    – hanuman411
    May 30 at 20:34

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.