I accepted an offer for a three-year postdoc in Germany. It is not clear to me if I need to apply for a work permit/EU Blue Card in addition to my researcher visa. Where can I learn more? (Or do I wait for my institution to advise me on the next steps.) I don't speak German.

  • 1
    This will depend on the contract between you and the institution. Research only (Residence for research purposesor) or Research and employment (Residence for employment): BAMF - Bundesamt für Migration und Flüchtlinge - Scientists. Jun 4 at 6:48
  • 1
    It is pretty probable that your institution will advise you in detail, but you can of course always ask them, as they probably would be the most qualified in your case.
    – JakeDot
    Jun 4 at 18:10

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy