If someone with F-2 visa status wants to work for free as an engineer or computer programmer for a company or startup within the US, to improve his/her work experience, skills and resume also maybe finding a work visa sponsor, is it also illegal even when he/she has no income from the job?

  • In almost all states, and perhaps even at the federal level, if any person at that business is being paid for any service whatsoever, then all people must be paid according to state and federal labor laws. There are often limited exceptions for short-period internships. This is the case even for citizens and pemanent residents. – ouflak Jun 18 at 12:00

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.