I am an Indian national, planning to apply for a Talent visa to join a postdoctoral position in France. My wife is also planning to accompanying me. She has just completed M.Sc.

My specific question is, under what visa category should she apply ? Is it "family reunion or private settlement" or "mobility researcher/Talent" or some other more appropriate category?

1 Answer 1


She should appy for a “passeport talent (famille)” visa. If you don't find exactly this category in a form somewhere, I would simply look for “passeport talent” for her too.

She wouldn't want to apply for “regroupement familial” because additional requirement and paperwork would apply and, as a passeport talent visa holder your wife is exempt from it (that's one of the perks of your visa).

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.