I am an Indian Citizen on a B1/B2 visa visiting my son in the US. After visiting my son, I want to travel to the UK on a visitor visa. Can I apply for the UK visitor visa from the US?

1 Answer 1


Yes. The UK does not require visitor visa applications to be made from your home country/country of residence. To apply for a UK visa in the USA you need to:

  • apply online

  • pay your fee

  • book and attend your biometric appointment

  • Attend an Application Support Centre (ASC)

  • post your application

Source: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/usa-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-the-usa

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.