I’m confused. I want to stay in Canada for 3 to 6 months to get my online business going take a break from America and get other skills that I would learn online while there and maybe take a language course on site. The visas that they offer seem like they’re a little bit too permanent and if it’s temporary it does not seem to cover work online. I’m not sure which one I would fall under.

  • I assume you want to take a break from the USA? Canada is also America.
    – Willeke
    Sep 5, 2021 at 6:54
  • What citizenship(s) do you have. Neither Canada nor the US really encourage what you seem to be describing. If you have a TN-eligible profession (like an engineering degree), there may be a possible way to claim that you are going to Canada to start a business (or a Canadian branch of a business you have in (I'm assuming) the US)
    – Flydog57
    Sep 18, 2021 at 21:11
  • It’s an online business, basically work online my title would be digital nomad because I would claim the business or LLC before I go. All uses and products would be in the USA as I am a US citizen. I would operate the business remotely.
    – calia
    Sep 29, 2021 at 15:19


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.