I have got a job offer in Germany and I need to apply for a work visa/EU blue card. My university has H+/- status on the ANABIN website. I applied to get the equivalence certificate from the ZAB but unfortunately, it's taking much more time than I expected. Knowing that my university is having an AQANIE Accreditation certificate from ASIIN, can I use it as a replacement for ANABIN to get the blue card?

PS: I got the idea of using an equivalent type of certificate from this answer by Mark Johnson, but I was not able to find the official document confirming that I can use ASIIN as a replacement.

  • Doesn't Mark's other answer suggest exactly the opposite, namely that only ANABIN can be used? I am a bit confused.
    – Relaxed
    Sep 23, 2021 at 12:12
  • he said "Short answer: Yes or an equivalent type of certificate." for that i want to know if ASIIN can be considered as an equivalent type of certificate Sep 23, 2021 at 12:23
  • True, but the quote only mention ANABIN and then in a comment he wrote "The instructions state that the reconised foreign certificates will be in the ANABIN database, which must be used as the only source." Note that Mark also has a history of confusing or downright incorrect answers. Maybe someone else will be able to provide a clearer answer but until then I wouldn't put much faith in that possibility.
    – Relaxed
    Sep 23, 2021 at 12:27


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.