I've been offered by my employer support for a move to Luxembourg - trying to gather the documents needed for my work visa. Under the "work permit" section of their official immigration website, it mentions that there's a need for a "diploma" or "professional qualification".

I've been working almost exclusively as a freelancer, which means I have very limited registered work history, and my university degree is irrelevant ( studied Civil engineering, working as a software developer ).

I was told that also 10 years of experience in my field ( which I have ) is enough, but I'm not sure how to provide proof for it that can be verified.

Is there anything I can do in this situation? I'm not sure if online certificates are of any value.

  • 1
    Adding the country where you have been working as a freelancer would make the answering of this question easier. In Germany you must register as a freelancer at the tax office. A certificate can be issued by them for how long you have been doing this. Your employer should ask the Luxembourg authority what else they may require. Nov 20, 2021 at 4:13


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.