I am a Spanish citizen and I want to go to the US. I am about to finish university and I can do the last semester abroad while working, and that was my plan. I am checking job offers there and I qualify for some of them, but I don't know if I can apply. Should I wait to get a job to start getting my visa, or do I have to start working on the visa on my own while I look for a job? What kind of visa would I need?

Getting hired without the visa looks hard, as maybe I would have to wait to start working; but getting the visa before having a job may not be an option. I'm really struggling to get information from the government website, and I don't know where else I could find it.

  • What research have you done already? This page uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states for example seems to provide the information you need. Whether you can get a work visa without having an employment offer largely depends on your skill set and whether you want to live and work permanently in the US
    – Traveller
    Nov 26, 2021 at 8:13


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy