I was on FLR (FP) or FLR (HRO) visa (one of the two, can't remember, does it matter?) because I was switching from a Tier 4 student visa to a skilled worker visa, but my employer hadn't received its sponsorship license yet.

After the license was received, we switched my visa from FLR to a skilled worker visa and they asked the home office to 'vary the leave'. It was successful and I am currently on a skilled worker visa.

My questions:

  1. What is meant by 'varying the leave'?
  2. What happened to that FLR (HRO/FP) application?
  3. If I change jobs in the future, will this be a the problem, as I will have to apply for a new skilled worker visa?
  • What is FLR? FP? HRO?
    – Traveller
    Apr 8 at 20:51
  • Further leave to remain. I assume you are not aware of this, then you might not know?
    – user24650
    Apr 9 at 5:46
  • It’s simply a courtesy to explain abbreviations, given that this is not a UK-specific site.
    – Traveller
    Apr 9 at 6:37
  • Nah I wasn't attacking you. Simple questions - would you have any idea about my 3 questions?
    – user24650
    Apr 9 at 8:45


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.