what happens if you:

  • posses a Japanese driving license
  • posses a Japanese car
  • posses a valid parking spot (車庫証明)
  • switch from a working visa to a tourist visa and later go on a trip in Japan, thus stop-paying/losing the valid parking spot?

Having a parking spot in Japan is needed only when buying a car? If you depart for a 2-months tour, will you still need to have/pay-for a valid parking spot?


  • 1
    If the traveler does not secure a valid parking spot, what will happen to the car if payment for the valid parking spot expires or is used up? Apr 10 at 20:22


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.