Suppose that a person is trying to submit an online-only version of USCIS I-134 (Affidavit of Financial Support) for a relative of that person and her child. It seems that the nline version of the form does not allow a person to list people travelling with the beneficiary. It seems that it is not in the "one form for the whole family" format, at least in it's online version. Some people suggest submitting a form for each person. On the other hand, it is not possible to submit this form for a young child, since such a child does not have a passport and this form cannot be completed until one supplies a valid passport number. The USCIS call center is not not able to answer the question.

What is the person expected to do in this scenario per the regulation? How did creators of this form intend the applicants to establish a relationship between the child and her mother?

  • 1
    I-134 can only be filed online to sponsor a Ukrainian for the Uniting for Ukraine program. Is this what you are filing it for?
    – user102008
    May 9 at 6:34
  • 1
    Yes, @user102008 that's what I am trying to do.
    – Gene
    May 9 at 17:07
  • Hi have question as well i do have a minor child with passport and i filled out the form but in passport# line it keep asking to enter only 8 digits and i have 9, even if i enter 8 still give an error and i cannot submit the form no matter what number i enter Jun 20 at 13:59

1 Answer 1


I don't know the answer to whether you can file one form for the whole family. As for the child not having a passport, the eligibility requirements for Uniting for Ukraine (see here or here) require that the beneficiary have a valid passport, or be a child included on a parent's passport. So if the child is not included on a parent's passport, then I think they would need to get a passport for the child first.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.