I am a (28 y/o) freelance web developer from india. I m planning to move California on a random certificate course of 1 year from a community college to work as a freelance web developer. My main motive is to earn some bug buck in 2 years and come back.

I would like to know whether would i be able to survive with the set is skills i'm to offer there. If not, can you suggest me any state or city where freelancing web or app development is much valued.

Any answer is appreciated.

  • 2
    Your most important task would be to obtain a US visa that allows you to work. Without that, you cannot work in the US. Commented May 10, 2022 at 20:49
  • @GregHewgill Understood. How do I get one. I mean, i know if a company hires you they might help you obtaining one. But my question would be presuming i might be able to crack the interview in a generic tech job would it be possible for the said company to provide me the visa..?
    – Ronak
    Commented May 10, 2022 at 21:03
  • 3
    @Ronak Have you done any research on obraining a US work visa? uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states This site is not suited to ‘want a debate’ type questions.
    – Traveller
    Commented May 11, 2022 at 14:36
  • 1
    @phoog student visas allow part time working on campus, i.e.: for the college (as a teaching assistant, support stuff, etc).
    – littleadv
    Commented May 11, 2022 at 22:57
  • 1
    @ronak how is a random certificate course from a community college related to working as a freelance web developer? Are you planning to commit visa fraud and lie to the USCIS and CBP about why you're coming to the US? That may backfire spectacularly, as any illegal scheme.
    – littleadv
    Commented May 11, 2022 at 22:59


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.