My parents and I are naturalized U.S. citizens, living in the U.S. for the past 15 years. However, I have two much older siblings who are married and have kids but are not U.S. citizens and do not live in the U.S. We applied for the I-130 form for them about 6 years ago, and we have a case number, but the process may take years.

Recently my parents, who are both 75+, are going through major medical problems, and having their kids near them would greatly help with day-to-day tasks. I work at FAANG, and I had to ask to work remotely to help with my parents.

I am wondering is there a way to expedite my siblings' I-130 visa applications or bring my brother to the U.S. to help. He applied for a student visa at the university in the city where we live, but his visa was rejected because of 214(b). I am not sure what options we have at this point.

  • This question belongs on Expatriates.
    – phoog
    May 12 at 21:44
  • 1
    Going the other way around (parents go to siblings home country) is likely to be much faster May 13 at 0:09
  • @JonathanReez there is no healthcare there
    – Node.JS
    May 13 at 0:10


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.