What can a graduate student do in order to have a chance to stay permanently in USA upon finishing studies ?


1 Answer 1


Get a position at a recognized university. That way, you will be eligible for employment-based immigration. You need to have a permanent position, which usually means a tenure-track position.

It is sometimes possible to get permanent residency through the commercial sector, but usually only very large firms can afford having immigration specialists in the HR staff.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.