What can a graduate student do in order to have a chance to stay permanently in USA upon finishing studies ?


Get a position at a recognized university. That way, you will be eligible for employment-based immigration. You need to have a permanent position, which usually means a tenure-track position.

It is sometimes possible to get permanent residency through the commercial sector, but usually only very large firms can afford having immigration specialists in the HR staff.

| improve this answer | |

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.