I am an Indian citizen living and working in Poland as a Skilled Migrant worker. I currently work with a bulge bracket bank and have held the EU Blue-Card(Karta Pobytu) for more than 2 years.

My spouse had applied for a blue-card on the basis of her being my dependent. She now has full-time employment in Poland and signed an indefinite period contract with her employer again in the banking sector.

Both our blue cards (temporary residence permit) expire in June, 2023. I have already applied for the renewal of the permit. My spouse plans to apply independently for her EU-Blue card on the basis of her permanent contract for work.

I am contemplating leaving my full-time employment and enrolling for a Masters in Applied Mathematics at the university in my city, in October 2023. I have a couple of questions on this, and any tips/suggestions would be incredibly insightful.

  1. Do I need to apply for a student visa before I can study at a Polish university? Or do I need to inform the immigration authorities (voivodeship) for a change of the purpose of residing in Poland in my Karta Pobytu application and try to obtain a Student Temporary Residence Card?

  2. Would my spouse' employment be affected as a result of me leaving my permanent employment?

I am also considering soliciting advice from an immigration lawyer, but any insights here would ultimately help.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.