I am currently living in Switzerland (I have a swiss Passeport) and am leaving to Vancouver, BC, Canada next September to start a PhD. I am asking for general advice to the question "Should I announce myself in primary residency in Canada and in secondary residency in Switzerland or the opposite?" Do I even have the choice of not-being in primary residency in Canada?
I guess this decision may influence
- given my PhD salary and current bank account it will probably not make a big different : )
- Rights for opening a bank account
- it is the question that bothers me the most right now
- Rights for having a job off-campus
- Health insurance
- although according to this source I would tend to think it makes no difference
- Other insurances
- Driving license
- Especially: Will Switzerland validates my Canadian driving license?
- eventually some other things?…