I have applied for a Skilled Worker Visa to the UK.

As part of it, I paid years' of health insurance.

Who is my insurance company now? I need this to report to my home health insurance company.

Unfortunately my employer's Human Resources could not answer this question.

  • 2
    Its not a health insurance company, its the NHS (National Health Service).
    – Dr. Snoopy
    Feb 20, 2023 at 18:54

1 Answer 1


You haven’t subscribed to an insurance company. That’s not how UK immigration’s approach to healthcare works.

You paid an immigration health surcharge (IHS) that entitles you to use the National Health Service (NHS) if your visa application is successful. https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application/who-needs-pay

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.