I have been working in Germany for 1.5 year as a software engineer with my blue card.

The company's name is not written on the blue card, or on the extra paper that came with the card: written on it „Beschäftigung gemäß § 18b Abs. 2 S. 1 AufenthG erlaubt“

I got a new contract now from another company in the Germany. But I do not know if I can change jobs directly or if i need to do something as this information is confusing https://service.berlin.de/dienstleistung/326856/en/ specially the Fact sheet for foreign workers.

I got told from some people that it should be possible somehow to send an email with the new contract since it's the same job title, and higher salary, but I have no idea about the process or the email.

How does that work? Any help would be appreciated.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.