I have a somewhat entangled situation. I’m in the US under H-1B. I am traveling to Germany (my home country) over the holidays. My passport expires in February so I can’t re-enter with that passport.

However the time I am in Germany is not enough to get a new passport and a new visa stamp. On top of that, my last name changed due to marriage (in the form of -, so my old name is still somewhat there).

Now here’s the question: can I travel to Germany, get a passport with my new name, and then enter the US with that new passport, showing them the visa stamp in my old passport?



Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.