I'm a foreigner living in Badajoz Spain. I signed a rental contract for 1 year. I need advice on how to get out of the contract early.

As I do not have any close friends or relatives in Spain that I can rely on, how do I find a rental lawyer?

  1. Are they any associations that can help with rental problems?
  2. Any official list of lawyers available in a city?

What I've tried?

  1. I googled for "espana badajoz abogados"
  2. I went to google maps and searched for abogados in Badajoz.

Maybe there is a better strategy than internet searches?

  • What sources have you tried so far?
    – Traveller
    Commented Feb 21 at 12:13
  • 1
    Have you tried just asking whoever the other party is? If they have a chance to rent it out again (maybe even to a higher price than you paid), they might be indifferent or even happy to cut the contract short. Legal advice is always a good idea, but don't go nuclear unless you know for a fact that you need to.
    – nvoigt
    Commented Feb 24 at 7:20

1 Answer 1


The closest thing to an official list would be the "lawyer list" (censo de letrados) on the Badajoz bar association page, albeit it looks rather limited. There's also a "citizen's assistance" (atención al ciudadano) phone listed on top of the page.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.