I am an EU citizen (Italian if that matters) planning to move to Germany to study at a university, that is for one year long period.

Do I need to apply for a residence permit or some related document?

1 Answer 1


You do not need a resident permit as an EU national. However you need to register with the local police (Bürgeramt) within 7 days of finding permanent residence.

See here for more information.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.