I am an EU citizen (Italian if that matters) planning to move to Germany to study at a university, that is for one year long period.

Do I need to apply for a residence permit or some related document?


You do not need a resident permit as an EU national. However you need to register with the local police (Bürgeramt) within 7 days of finding permanent residence.

See here for more information.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy