A Canadian friend of mine, who lived all his life in Canada, is about to permanently move to the European Union. What would happen with his Canadian pension if he decides to stay in Europe?

1 Answer 1


Pension == Public Employee?

He should ask the body of government that pays his pension. In his - new - country of residence he will have to pay the normal income tax on income from his pension.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.