I have a work visa in Canada. What if, I buy a house on mortgage, will the bank give me loan for business on the papers of that house?

  • 2
    Welcome to expatriates.SE. I don't think that this is on topic here but if you have sufficient equity in the property you may be able to take a loan against it. – Karlson Sep 25 '14 at 21:50
  • Thank you for your reply Karlson. but let me re do the question here. I am just getting a mortgage next month for like 400,000. After that will i be able to take a business loan for 300,000 on that house? – maharshi Sep 25 '14 at 22:41
  • 1
    You could ask on money.stackexchange.org – Gala Sep 26 '14 at 7:28
  • 1
    @Gala money.stackexchange.com – mkennedy Sep 26 '14 at 17:23
  • 1
    @StrongBad Maybe but the question is a bit more general. I didn't vote either way but if it's closed or does not attract sufficient attention here, I thought that knowing about the other might be useful to the OP. – Gala Sep 26 '14 at 19:06

This is going to depend on so many more factors than your visa and house value. Each bank has their own underwriters and policies on this.

The only way you're going to definitively be able to answer this is to discuss with a mortgage broker in BC, or with one of the loan managers at one of the banks.

protected by Community Oct 17 '14 at 8:58

Thank you for your interest in this question. Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).

Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.