My friend has recently moved from Poland to England. She is currently driving a polish registered leased vehicle, is it necessary to have UK Road Tax and who's responsibility is it to obtain it, furthermore as it stands is she legally entitled drive it in the UK?

  • 1
    This changes very often and its best to call 00443007906802 and ask the TAX department or somebody at GOV.UK
    – Piotr Kula
    Oct 31 '14 at 10:32
  • 1
    See expatriates.stackexchange.com/questions/50/… There is actually an exception for short term leases from EU countries, but if he is trying to settle down I guess he needts to re-register the car as a UK one (which might not be possible as it's a lease)
    – SztupY
    Oct 31 '14 at 11:37