I am on a fiance visa in USA and I have married a US citizen. Now I want to apply for permanent residence.

Since I hope to apply for a job in technical field later on in the US, should (or can) I submit my academic degrees to the USCIS while applying for the permanent residence? If not, how will my future employer verify my academics?


1 Answer 1


Given that you will be applying for an adjustment of status based on your marriage to a US citizen and using form I-485 to do it you won't be providing it to USCIS.

There is generally no need for a US Government to check your educational credentials in this case and it's not a role of the US Government to confirm your educational credentials to your employer.

If such a verification is required it is normally done by your perspective employer and it uses organizations similar to World Education Services to evaluate your education and degree if they deem it necessary.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.