After having moved to the United States, I've camped around the Bay area for 6 months, using Airbnb, and trying out different living conditions. Throughout these time, I haven't completed an AR-11, due to not having a stable place of residence.

I have now found a place to crash long-term; I've been living here for 3 months. I have filled out the forms to arrange for my NI; they've posted it to this specific address. Does it mean they have this as my permanent resident address, or do I have to fill out an AR-11?

What are the consequences for late filing?

If this is required, what should I put under "old address"?

1 Answer 1


You need to fill AR-11 within 10 days after moving. It has nothing to do with Social Security whatsoever, different agency entirely.

  • And how is the day of moving determined?
    – user3647
    Apr 3, 2015 at 11:44
  • @s.brody the day of the moving generally determined by having a whole bunch of underpaid over-trained in heavy lifting dudes in your old place taking your stuff into a truck that then will get that stuff to your new place.
    – littleadv
    Apr 3, 2015 at 15:58

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.