Are there any countries that are easy for a US citizen to move to?
With "easy" I am here not referring to aspects such as that the country is located geographically near continental USA. Rather I am interested about:
- countries that grant a residence permit to a US citizen nearly solely because the person is holding a US passport, or
- countries where the residence permit can be obtained by a small amount of money or investment in a bank account (let's say less than $10K USD) or without first securing employment in the country, or
- countries where there is no residence permit process at all, i.e. a person can just walk in and take residence in the country if they want to
In this case the US citizen:
- Does not have any ancestral connections to any other country
- Is either not highly skilled, or does not want to take the time of first finding employment in the target country
I understand that many countries allow for an expedited immigration process for individuals that are considered highly skilled, esp. when the process is initiated by a company that wants to hire the individual. In this case I am not looking for the possibility to obtain a residence permit where the individual does not yet know whether they will find work in the country, or not.