I'm applying for a UK visa, and one of question is about my current working status. I'm working as a freelancer (mainly for one company, but I'm not employed). What option should I use?

Employed Full Time
Employed Part Time
Self Employed
Student (Non Working)
Student (Working)
Supported by Spouse/Partner/Other
Voluntary / Unpaid Worker
  • 3
    Wouldn't this be Self Employed?
    – Karlson
    Dec 15, 2014 at 15:25

1 Answer 1


Freelancer is usually self-employed, but please check this question for more details on that.

  • The visa application form still requires to fill in "The Name of Company/Organisation/Employer", "Job Description / Title / Rank", address when I choose "Self-employed". What should I fill in as a self-employed worker?
    – user626528
    Dec 16, 2014 at 2:20
  • I believe "freelancer" should suffice. :-) Dec 16, 2014 at 16:30

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.