Is it possible to get the APEC Business Travel Card as a Canadian living in Asia?

  • 2
    To clarify, what are you counting as where you're living in Asia? Eg Russia, India, Thailand, Japan...?
    – Mark Mayo
    Mar 19, 2014 at 11:53

1 Answer 1


As far as I know, it's only possible if you are a permanent resident in Hong Kong (and then it doesn't matter that Canada is a member of APEC, UK citizens and others can get one too). According to Wikipedia, Canada does not issue cards yet and I think other members only issue them to citizens.

  • Ah yes, I think you're right. My Canadian friend has the card but he is also permanent resident of HK. Mar 19, 2014 at 11:57
  • 1
    Yes, Canada is only a partial member currently, and is not issuing the cards yet. I've been told this year or next, but i'm not holding my breath. Mar 20, 2014 at 7:07

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.