I am originally from Pakistan, and am now studying in Germany. If I wanted to do a summer internship in UK (full time) what type of Visa would I need? Is this possible at all?

I see that Tier 2 (General would be best), but on some pages, minimum wage of 20,500 pound was mentioned (which is impossible for any Summer Internship).


To do a full-time internship in the UK you would need a Tier 5 visa, not a Tier 2. And specifically, you would apply for a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Government Authorised Exchange) visa.

The sponsor offering you the internship must be listed on the Tier 5 sponsor register and you would need to meet the qualification requirements. As your question was posted over 2 1/2 years ago, I assume you would have learned this already, but should check the links anyway because there have been significant rule changes in the meantime.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.