I am a British citizen and I met a Guatemalean girl. We got married in Great Britain and we had two kids who were born in London and are British as well. Before, she became an overstayed person as her tourist visa expired.

Two years ago, we left UK and now we are living in Ecuador, my first country. So, now we want to go back to UK and get the less complicated permission to enter UK.

What would be the best way to get that permission or visa?

  • Just to clarify: She is only who needs to get the permission to enter into UK. Commented Apr 13, 2015 at 7:59
  • 4
    Can you clarify: do you want to settle in the UK permanently? Or just visit?
    – Gayot Fow
    Commented Apr 13, 2015 at 15:49
  • She wants to settle there permanently, providing that we have got two children with british passports that need to be brought up in England. Commented Apr 22, 2015 at 2:46

1 Answer 1

  1. If she left at her own expense over 2 years ago, overstaying should not be a problem for either a visit or a spouse visa.
  2. A "spouse visa" (if you want to live in the UK) requires the British partner to have earnings equivalent to at least £18,600 per year. You might be able to count your overseas earnings, but it can be complicated:


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.