My Husband and I are going to try and relocate to the USA. He is British I am American. I will be sending in the petition soon to start the process of obtaining the Visa for him to relocate. I know that at sometime he would have to go to London for a medical and then a face to face interview. The problem is he is disabled with MS and in a wheelchair that requires a modified vehicle to travel in and has a hard time traveling anyway. He does not drive.

My question: is there an alternate site in Wales or what other alternate arrangements can be made for a disabled person to get the medical and have a face to face interview if required?


1 Answer 1


The USCIS website that I posted as a comment is specifically for USCIS in the US.

I was not able to find any information on the US Embassy in London's website about accommodations for disabilities. However, because this is a BIG thing in the US, I would expect that some accommodations would be made. The USCIS webpage (link above) mentions a form I-648 but that form is to be used if you are seeking a exception to the English or civics exams.

A big issue could be the medical examination. I managed to pull up an information sheet about it and supposedly there is only a single practice, with two offices in London, that are approved to perform immigrant visa examinations.

I would contact the London Embassy first, and if they're unwilling to do anything, call the main USCIS National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.