I lived in the UK for one year as an exchange student. During this period I did a Summer internship and it was a brilliant experience. For this reason I would like work in the UK after I graduate. I have done some research about it and this is what I've found out: (please correct me if I'm wrong)

  • I would need to apply for a Tier 2 (General) Visa since I'm from outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
  • I would need a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from an employer in order to get the visa.
  • In consideration of my degree, the job title would be among the ones listed in the Shortage Occupation List. Therefore, the employer wouldn't have to carry out a resident labour market.

My question is: how hard is it to get a Certificate of Sponsorship? I know it varies on a case-by-case basis, but any information would be helpful. Additionally, does company size affects my chances of getting a CoS? Are bigger companies more likely to provide me a CoS?

Thanks in advance!

closed as too broad by Mark Mayo Oct 6 '15 at 13:07

Please edit the question to limit it to a specific problem with enough detail to identify an adequate answer. Avoid asking multiple distinct questions at once. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1
    It's hard now and it will get harder given that a majority in Commons favours the immigration manifesto. – Gayot Fow May 24 '15 at 21:55
  • If you can please split it up - we try to keep one post per question. You've asked two, arguably three in there :/ – Mark Mayo Oct 6 '15 at 13:06