I little bit of my profile

I'm a brazilian and I have a bachelor's degree in mathematics and I'm finishing a master degree in pure mathematics (algebraic geometry). I can speak English, German, French (I've already lived there), Spanish and Portuguese (Of course). I'm a math professor (non-permanent) at a high education institute in Brasil. My prospectives in my country are great, there are a lot of jobs here for teachers and college professors, because Brasil is a developing country which lacks high professionals.

My question

Before getting a well-paying permanent job in my country as a professor (and get married, be fat and die) I would like to have some work experiences in another countries. I love to travel and know new cultures. So, are there ways for me to teach in school in Portugal? I think Portugal would be easier for me because of the language.

closed as primarily opinion-based by JonathanReez, ouflak, Gayot Fow, Giorgio, gerrit Oct 26 '16 at 17:22

Many good questions generate some degree of opinion based on expert experience, but answers to this question will tend to be almost entirely based on opinions, rather than facts, references, or specific expertise. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • I am not sure I can make heads or tails of what you're asking. The only question you have posed has an answer of yes. Otherwise it is unclear what it is that you're asking. – Karlson Jun 4 '15 at 14:52
  • 2
    If you choose to do a PhD you could aim for a research/academic career. That's not easy but you get to travel (for conferences of course but also chasing 1-2 years post-doc appointments). People who are trying to start a family actually complain about that aspect of academic careers but it could be a plus for you. – Gala Jun 4 '15 at 15:11
  • @Karlson so if the answer is yes, how can I do that? do you know any program to teach abroad to a non English native speaker? this is what my question about. – user26832 Jun 4 '15 at 22:29
  • @Gala yes, I've already thought about this. The problem is I don't know if I will be a researcher in my area. On the other hand, someone with a master or a PHD degree in pure mathematics is overqualified to be a teacher in schools, even if you consider countries with a high level of basic education. – user26832 Jun 4 '15 at 22:39
  • @user26832 Then you should focus the question on this rather then on the side stories. In addition focus on a particular country or a region and a level for which you want to teach mathematics. School level is one thing, university orca colledge is quit another. As it stands the question is too broad and unclear. – Karlson Jun 4 '15 at 23:24

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.