I am asking about a policy query concerning the new NHS surcharge fee. A British national wishes to bring his partner over to the UK on a fiancé visa.

I understand that anyone wishing to apply for a visa to work, study or join their family in the UK for a period of more than 6 months is eligible to pay this fee. Could you please tell me the position as regards a fiancé visa which will be granted for a period of 6 months only?

  • 1
    Were you living together outside of the UK, but inside of the EU/EEA for a while?
    – SztupY
    Commented Jun 19, 2015 at 18:15

1 Answer 1


Based on the goverment's site you don't need to pay (or even get an IHS reference number) in any of the following cases:

Based on this I think you don't need to pay the surcharge for this particular visa.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.