I want to ask this question because my home country asks for the name of the institution to which it should be addressed, and it can take over six months to have it issued by the Ministry of the Interior (same as the Home Office) and then apostilled.

Has anybody been required to produce a criminal record? By whom? To what institution should it be addressed?

closed as unclear what you're asking by Gala, Mark Mayo Aug 13 '15 at 1:36

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 3
    Your question is difficult to understand: Who wants to send what where? Do you want to know if that's a requirement to get a French visa or residence permit? Have you asked some institution in your home country for a copy of your criminal record before knowing if you would actually require one? Have you been asked for one by the French authorities? What kind of French visa or permit are you hoping to get? To my knowledge, nothing like this is required in France. – Gala Aug 2 '15 at 18:56

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.