I am relocating to Las Vegas from India with my husband. What will I need to do to get an Employment Authorization? I am a post graduate in Psychology from India.


1 Answer 1


USCIS I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

Certain foreign nationals, who are eligible to work in the United States, use Form I-765 to request an employment authorization document (EAD).

The filing fee for Form I-765 is $410. You must also pay an $85 biometric services fee, for a total of $495, if you are:

  • Requesting consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA); A - beneficiary of an approved employment-based immigrant petition and you are facing compelling circumstances; or
  • A spouse or unmarried dependent child of a beneficiary of an employment-based immigrant petition who is facing compelling circumstances.

There is no biometric services fee for any other eligibility category.

Some individuals may be exempt from paying fees. See the form instructions for more information.

Instructions for Form I-765 (PDF, 332 KB)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.